Todo Ajedrez  Curso de Ajedrez  Reglamento FIDE  Jugar contra PC  Anécdotas  Consejos

Todo Ajedrez
Foro de discusión sobre Ajedrez

FAQFAQ   BuscarBuscar   MiembrosMiembros   Grupos de UsuariosGrupos de Usuarios   RegistrarseRegistrarse 
 PerfilPerfil   Entrá para ver sus mensajes privadosEntrá para ver sus mensajes privados   LoginLogin 

Wholesale Mike Williams Jersey

Publicar nuevo tema   Responder al tema    Foros de discusión -> Miscelàneas
Ver tema anterior :: Ver tema siguiente  
Autor Mensaje
yellowbaby520

MensajePublicado: Mie Oct 25, 2017 5:30 am    Asunto: Wholesale Mike Williams Jersey Responder citando

Every summer for the past five or six years I have reread Scott Peck?s quirky book about psychiatry and golf Wholesale Kyle Rudolph Jersey , Golf and the Spirit. Peck is probably better known for his best selling books about his experiences and insights as a psychiatrist, such as, A Road Less Travelled. In Golf and the Spirit, Peck combines his love for golf and what golf has taught him about the human condition and relates that to his years as a psychiatrist, and what studying the human condition that has taught him about golf.

If that sounds a bit convoluted, well, paradox is one of the recurring themes in the book. Peck says in the introduction that reading the book might take 12 strokes of your game, and it might not. His advice on the physical and technical sides of the game is simple, keep your eye on the ball and take a nice easy swing, and, watch a good player and imitate the swing. The book is more about the mental part of the game, and the behaviour that is required to succeed at golf and in life.

Peck, who has spent decades as a golfer, and now, unable to play, creates his imaginary dream golf course on a tropical island. In each chapter he plays a hole on the course, reflecting on memories of past experiences Wholesale Tom Johnson Jersey , both as a golfer and a psychiatrist. Along the course, he ponders issues like, why it is so difficult for people to change, even though they want to, whether it is correcting your golf swing to get rid of a slice or someone trying to overcome an addiction and everything in between.

A couple of the recurring themes are difficult concepts that define difficult words. Peck returns again and again to the concept of kenosis, the idea that to change you must empty yourself of self. Self gets in the way. Every golfer knows that the mental game plays a big part in a golfer?s success. Golf involves the often difficult paradox of relaxing and concentrating at the same time. Golf cannot be played well if ones mind is distracted with all kinds of thoughts, whatever they may be about. Somehow, it is best to be thought-less. The mind must be emptied, which is the beginning of kenosis.

Another concept Peck returns to often is called cathexis. This word describes the human condition of developing an emotional investment in destructive behaviour. It is applicable to golf as it is many things in life. We can?t change because we can?t give up the emotional investment we have in our behaviour, how that behaviour defines us.

I am often surprised, yet I guess not really because I have done it too, at how often I see golfers at the driving range make the same bad swing time and time again, somehow expecting a different result. If you want to change the result you have to change the swing, the stance, the grip, something. I found that my game started to improve when I started experimenting. What will happen if I stand with my feet closer together? What happens when I draw back a bit farther on my backswing? Eventually, you find out what works and what doesn?t work. In the process Wholesale Xavier Rhodes Jersey , you give up the emotional investment in one way of doing things. It is a form of kenosis.

I can?t say for sure if Peck is responsible for taking twelve strokes off my game, but my game has definitely improved since reading and rereading his book. I think there is a correlation. Learning to overcome cathexis with kenosis is probably not being taught at many golf academies. But read the book, relax and enjoy it, and your game will probably improve.
Author's Resource Box

Ron Strand is a college instructor, consultant and golfer who writes for a golf website.

Article Source:

Turn Yourself Into A Master Of Lead Generation Turn Yourself Into A Master Of Lead Generation January 19, 2016 | Author: Bogen Jim | Posted in Marketing

Lead generation is a very important aspect of any business. These days, most generation is achieved via the Internet. In order to generate more leads and be more successful, you’ve simply got to know how to talk to people. The following article will tell you how to improve your ability to get a positive response from people.

Perfect the art of a good call to action, in order to generate more leads for your business. A good call to action is highly specific, very relevant to the particular readers and always links to a landing page where the offer can be found for purchase or download. Make your CTA count for more valuable leads.

Look into opportunities where you may be able to pay for leads. Paying for leads is not a bad thing at all. In fact there are many companies out there that can deliver you leads at a surprisingly low cost. Just do your homework before signing up with anyone. There are scams out there.

When pursuing online advertising, use landing pages to your advantage. Landing pages that you use to target people with an ad that made them go there will help you a lot more than the general website. You will give them just what they were looking for. Include a contact form on the page, and it becomes an excellent way to gather new leads.

Check out local events in order to maximize your leads. If you’re allowed to have a table there, you could hand out pamphlets and hold a giveaway. Just ask people to leave their name and email in return for a ballot, but be sure to let them know if you’ll be adding them to a mailing list.

Analyze the numbers surrounding your lead generation. Are you finding it takes lots of hours to discover potential leads? Are these leads qualified or rather weak? Measure the time you have in versus the conversion rate. This will help you decipher which tactics give you the best return on your investment.

Target people seeing freebies as part of your list generating efforts. While giving things away doesn’t usually make money right away for you, there will be plenty of people ready an. Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys
Ver perfil de usuario Enviar mensaje privado
Publicar nuevo tema   Responder al tema    Foros de discusión -> Miscelàneas Todas las horas son GMT - 3 Horas
Página 1 de 1

Cambiar a:  
Podés publicar nuevos temas en este foro
No podés responder a temas en este foro
No podés editar tus mensajes en este foro
No podés borrar tus mensajes en este foro
No podés votar en encuestas en este foro

Ajedrez - Ajedrez - Ajedrez - Ajedrez